Find out more about:
Switzerland Tourism ST is a federal corporation under public law tasked with promoting domestic and international tourism demand for Switzerland as a holiday, travel and conference destination.
The development and implementation of demand-stimulating marketing programmes and the profiling of the strong, traditional yet modern Swiss tourism brand both nationally and internationally are its key priorities. ST does this in close collaboration with the tourism sector, which contributes around half of the budget. The other half consists of federal funds. The organisation is oriented towards customers and markets, and is managed in accordance with commercial criteria.
ST is present in 23 markets worldwide, employing around 270 people (248 FTEs) spread over 34 offices. ST is a corporation under public law with a membership structure. Its Board of Directors comprises 13 representatives from the tourism sector, business and industry associations. Brigitta M. Gadient chairs the organisation, while Martin Nydegger is responsible for operational management. In 2019, Parliament decided to create a credit facility of CHF 230 million as the federal contribution for the 2020–2023 period (same as for the 2016–2019 period), thereby setting an upper limit. Each year, Parliament can decide whether this limit is to be fully utilised. The federal contribution accounts for 56% of ST’s budget. The other 44% is contributed by the sector, members and business partners.
Equal pay analysis
Facts and figures
– of whom trainees (German)
|272 (248 FTEs)
– of which regular federal funding
|Spending abroad||CHF million||78.69|
|Degree of self-financing||%||33.90|
*including recovery funds